A blog is a form of content where writers can share their views and ideas with readers online. Blogging is a powerful content marketing method that can help you reach out to the millions of people online who read your blog. Creating a blog on an interesting topic can help you in your effort to bring in customers to your website.
If you are running an eCommerce store, you can consider starting a blog to share your opinion and experience and create useful content that would be read by potential customers. This article takes a look at why starting a blog is a good idea for eCommerce stores and some examples of interesting blogs.
Benefits For Your eCommerce Store By Starting A Blog
Starting a blog is a good idea for an eCommerce store. Apart from engaging with customers, there are many other benefits of starting a blog These include:
- The primary benefit is that you engage with customers. It can help in promoting brand loyalty. You can promote your new products to customers by giving them information through your blogs. Also, you can create a story around your products, allowing you to increase conversions.
- Blogging can be a powerful SEO technique to increase your ranking on Google and other search engines. The quality of content is a key factor in the ranking of websites. Creating a blog that offers enriching content to customers is a great way to get your online store recognized by Google with a higher ranking on search result pages. It can help you increase traffic to your online store.
- Blogging regularly, where you share information on your industry and latest trends is a great way to establish yourself as an expert. When you have a popular blog, your opinions will be respected, and this can translate into greater revenue for your eCommerce store.
- Bloggers generally wonder what to write about. But since you are a part of a particular business, there are plenty of ideas for you to blog about. Being someone from the industry, you have no shortage of topics. Your blogs can provide useful content for readers. The use of proper links and keywords can make your blog popular very fast.
- Apart from writing blogs yourself, you can invite guest bloggers, who can be industry experts and people with knowledge of your sector. Their articles will add value to your blog and make it stand out from the rest.
Examples Of Good eCommerce Store Blogs
It is always best to start a blog right away, after setting up your eCommerce store. If you were looking for some ideas on how to go about designing and planning your blogs, you can go through some of the examples given below.
These are popular eCommerce store blogs that offer enriching content for readers. The way the blog has been organized, the use of the content, SEO techniques, design, color, etc. are all aspects you can keep in mind while starting your own blog.
Au Lit Fine Linens
This blog is from an online store that sells bedding products. Their site is filled with articles that are interesting to read, provide valuable information to readers, and, at the same time, promote their products. The use of keywords in this blog is particularly noteworthy. Since the blogs focus on improving sleep quality, it brings in traffic to their online store.
Best Self is an online store that offers productivity tools to help people achieve their goals. Their blog is perfectly in sync with their store’s motto of helping people. The blog has interesting articles that motivate people to improve themselves. The subtle way they promote their products is something other bloggers can learn.
A picture says a thousand words! Sole Bicycles has a blog that uses a unique design – it focuses on images rather than texts. The articles on the blogs add value to the product and tell a story. The link to the article leads readers to images of their products, helping customers associate the blog with Sole Bicycles. The blogs recount the adventures people have had on their bikes. By appealing to the emotions of the reader, the blog to effectively promote their products.
Sole Bicycles has a blog that focuses more on images that help readers associate with their product