Summary: This guide helps you to export all components of Lotus Notes (emails, contacts, calendar, attachments & journals) into MS Outlook PST file. It supports latest version of IBM Lotus Notes 9.0.1 and MS Outlook 2016.
If your organization is planning to switch from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook, then conversion of NSF file into PST file is possible through two ways, mentioned below:
- Manual method
- Use of NSF to PST Converter Software
Through manual method, you can divide the process in two phases:
Phase 1: Export NSF file into CSV file
- Download IBM Lotus Notes 9.0.1 from Official website and launch the application
Now, Open “NSF Database” file that you wish to export
- Go to ‘Menu’ of Lotus Notes and click on “File” tab
- Now, click on “Export” button
- Then, a pop-up box will open to save file into desired type (.csv)
- Enter the name of file and click on “Export” button
- In CSV export feature, you can select either “All Documents” or “Selected Documents”
Now, we can say that 50% work is completed.
Phase 2: Import CSV file into MS Outlook
In this phase, you just need to import exported CSV file into MS Outlook. To complete this process, go through following steps:
- Click on “File” menu and then go to “Open” button
- Now click on “Import” menu
- Then, you will see Import and Export Wizard. In this Wizard, choose the required action i.e. ‘Import from another program or file’ and click ‘Next’
- Then, Select CSV file format
- In this step, you will see import a file option. You just need to browse the exported CSV file and select MS Outlook mailbox folder. Then click on “Next”
- Click on ‘Finish’
- Now, You should wait until import process gets completed
Now, your NSF file database components (emails, contacts, attachments etc.) will be exported to MS Outlook.
Alternative Solution (NSF to PST Converter Software)
The above manual method is working efficiently but complex for users. Apart from technical jargons, you can’t expect 100% safe bulk email conversion of multiple Lotus notes accounts.
As an alternative solution, you can try Stellar NSF to PST Converter.
IBM Lotus Notes Supports: 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5 & 6.0
MS Outlook Versions: 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003
To know about the steps involved in NSF to PST Conversion, Read the process mentioned below:
Step 1: This is home interface of software. Click on “Select NSF” to locate NSF file. If you are not aware with location of NSF file then, click on “Find NSF”
Step 2: You can also find list of NSF files from any drive automatically. After selecting NSF file, you can start the process
Step 3: In this step, you can explore all Lotus Notes folders. Now, you can save any folder/all items for conversion. Then, click on “Save” button
Step 4: Now, you have three saving options to save NSF file to PST file format. After choosing your desired option, select destination path & click ‘OK’
Step 5: This step shows the saving of Outlook PST file
Step 6: All converted emails saved successfully at the specified location
Note: The demo version of software allows you to check preview of all mailbox components. You can also save 10 items per folder (Free).